Vasa-Spring Garden Mutual Insurance
Back in 1752, Ben Franklin developed the idea of mutual insurance – where people voluntarily bind together to help one another when a loss occurs. The idea took off and mutual companies sprang up across the Midwest, formed by friends and neighbors who were committed to supporting each other in times of loss.
Swedish immigrants formed our company in 1860. Back then, it was known as “The Society to Help the Needy in Fire Damage.” While our name and company bylaws have changed over the years our commitment to mutual respect and support remains the same. Vasa-Spring Garden Mutual Insurance Company is owned and directed by policyholders, which gives you the peace of mind that all decisions are made by your friends, colleagues, and neighbors.
We are associated with Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, who has been providing our reinsurance protection since 1960. Grinnell Mutual has earned an “A” rating from A.M. Best as a leading reinsurer of farm mutuals in the Midwest.
Our company headquarters are in Cannon Falls, Minn., and we have insurance agents strategically placed throughout Southeast Minnesota. We offer a range property and casualty services. We are ready to meet all of your insurance needs with fast, friendly service.
Strong Protection Never Goes Out of Style
At Vasa-Spring Garden Mutual Insurance Company, we have been in business for more than 150 years – longer than any other mutual company in Minnesota. While much has changed since we opened our doors in 1860, our core values of fast, friendly service and putting the policyholder first have remained the same.
When you become a policyholder with us, you can expect the following:
- Peace of mind: Our policyholders own and direct our company. Your neighbors, friends, and fellow policyholders make decisions about the company, so you can rest assured that they have your best interests in mind.
- Customized protection: Whether you are a homeowner, farmer, or rental property owner, or you are seeking personal liability protection, we offer a range of services to provide you with the best coverage possible.
- Local service: We have insurance agents strategically placed throughout Southeast Minnesota, ready to help you pick the right policy and support you if a loss occurs.
- Reinsurance protection: We are associated with Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, who has been providing our reinsurance protection since 1960. Grinnell Mutual has earned an “A” rating from A.M. Best as a leading reinsurer of farm mutuals in the Midwest.
- Community support: As an insured of Vasa-Spring Garden Mutual, your premium dollars stay local, supporting local businesses, employees, organizations and schools.